Membership Terms & Conditions
Our plans were curated with the well-being of our patients AND the pockets of their awesome parents in mind. To provide discounted costs to all our members, certain terms apply to make that possible. Please read below if you are interested in our plans.
Terms and Conditions
Thank you for entrusting the care of your pet(s) to Urbanvet. This letter (“Contract”) details the terms and conditions for our clients and members regarding their membership plan(s)/wellness plan(s). Terms only apply to services listed and provided by an exclusive Urbanvet care provider. Services rendered outside of Urbanvet or by third-party specialists at Urbanvet are not included. Fees associated are subject to change based on availability and will be reflected at the client’s renewal date. If you have any queries, please ask for further clarification.
The terms set forth in this document are a contract between the Client and Urbanvet.
- Client has read these terms and is agreeable to these terms upon signing up for a wellness plan under their Membership.
- Urbanvet holds no obligation to enter into this Contract with Client. Urbanvet holds the right of refusal for binding into this contract for any reason.
- Only at the signing of this contract by Client and Urbanvet, or upon accepting the enrollment fee from Client, is this contract considered valid.
- This contract is valid for a single pet (“PET”), and services included in a specific plan will only be applied to that pet. If the Client owns multiple pets, each pet will require a separate contract with Urbanvet for their specific benefits.
- One-time enrollment fee of $65 is due upon initial sign-up of the contract.
- If PET is deceased in the middle of the Contract, the contract is nullified. Suppose PET is humanely euthanized at a facility other than Urbanvet or passed at home. In that case, it is the responsibility of the owner to provide Urbanvet with a written notice of PET’s passing.
- This contract is valid for a 12-month period, starting the initial date of the Client’s membership. The contract is renewed at the end of 12 months unless membership is terminated by the Client in written request (email or physical letter).
- Although this is a 12-month contract, the Client has the option to terminate their contract at any time based on certain restrictions.
- The termination takes effect on the last day of the monthly period. I.e., if the Clients plan is renewed on the 25th of each month, and the Client requests termination on the 3rd July – the termination will take place on the 24th July.
- I.e if the Client terminated the contract on day 10, the client is subject to pay the enrollment fee & and the first month’s monthly fee.
- Only future monthly payments can be canceled. Any dues the Client has already paid up to the point of termination will not be refunded.
- If Client has taken advantage of any services provided in their plan before termination, Client is subject to paying the full price (set forth at each visit between Client & Urbanvet) of those services rendered.
- Because this model helps clients defer their total cost over 12 months, this clause helps avoid any Clients intent to take advantage of the services during early months and terminate the remainder of the payments. This allows Urbanvet to offer cancellation at any time.
- Urbanvet holds the right to terminate any contract anytime for any reason. Future payments will be canceled on behalf of the client.
- Any unused services will not roll over to the next 12-month period. The Client’s responsible for scheduling appointments and inquiring about inclusive services under their plan.
- Urbanvet is not to be held liable in any manner for services unable to render due to reasons beyond their means, including but not limited to shortages or backorder of certain medications, vaccines, or other products. Shortages in industry-wide staffing can lead to delayed onset of appointments. Client holds Urbanvet free of any liability due to any unforeseen circumstance, financially, emotionally, or otherwise.
- Monthly payments will be collected on the 20th of each month by Urbanvet or on behalf of Urbanvet. Urbanvet holds the right to change the date of payment collection.
- Rejected payments are subject to an additional service fee of 25$/ month & suspension of services until all payments and additional fees are paid in full. In instances when any payment is not made, Urbanvet holds the right to claim damages from the Client. Such damages may include the total owing monthly balance of the client, plus the total amount of any services rendered at the normal price of those services at the time they were rendered, and any additional settlements based on, but not limited to, fees associated with vet specialists, legal parties, other.
- Urbanvet holds the right to change monthly payments at any time, for any reason, with a two-week written notice to Client.
- There may be instances where Urbanvet is unable to provide Services for reasons beyond Urbanvet’s reasonable control. Such circumstances include but are not limited to, the absence or illness of suitably qualified veterinary staff or a shortage in the supply of necessary vaccinations or drugs. If Client experiences delays in the provision of Services for reasons beyond Urbanvet’s control, Urbanvet will reasonably do what it can to minimize such delays and accommodate Client with another appointment. However, Urbanvet will not be liable to the Client for failing to deliver Services in these circumstances.
- Although Urbanvet reserves the right to transfer rights under this Contract to any other suitable person provided that Urbanvet gives notice to Client, this contract is personal to Client and the pets(s) named on to Urbanvet. A client cannot transfer any benefits of this Contract to any other person or transfer the pet(s) to which this Contract relates without prior written consent.
- Except for Client, Urbanvet, and any third party appointed by Urbanvet for the purpose of administering the plan and collecting payments on Urbanvet’s behalf, no person may derive any benefit from the terms of this Contract.
- If at any point during the term of this Contract, either Client or Urbanvet decides not to take action against the other party when the other party has failed to comply with the terms of this Contract, neither party shall assume such non‐action to have set a precedent. On any later occasion of noncompliance with the terms of this Contract, the aggrieved party may decide to take action.
- All notices given under the provisions of this Contract must be in writing and shall be delivered personally, sent by trackable pre‐paid first‐class post mail, or other next working day delivery service, commercial courier, fax, or e‐mail.
- To the extent permitted by law, Client hereby releases Urbanvet, Urbanvet’s affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives from any and all liability, damage, loss, cost, or expense incurred by Client, whether or not due to negligence or other acts or omissions of Urbanvet.
- If any competent authority decides that any provision of this Contract is invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable to any extent, the remaining terms of this Agreement will continue to operate to the fullest extent allowable by law.
- This Agreement and the rights of the parties hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, exclusive of conflict or choice of law rules.
- Any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or relating to this Contract or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this Contract to arbitrate, shall be determined by arbitration in Orange County, California, before one arbitrator. Judgment on the Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction.